Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Alice In Wonderland

I'm skeptical. I like the pieces but will I like the sum of their parts.
THE PIECES:
A timeless story. The novel for all ages and cartoon version that rocked my childhood. The Cheshire cat was our pet's namesake. What more can I say?
Tim Burton is nutty genius. I loved Big Fish. I don't know much but I think he keeps food on Helena Bonham Carter's table.
Johnny Depp is obviously very talented.
The previews are visually stunning.

Here are my doubts... Should this story remain an untouched classic? I was not into Tim Burton's remake of Charlie and Chocolate Factory and found Johnny unwatchably creepy. Here's my plan--wait to hear reviews of people I trust, let those reviews tweak my expectations and then go see it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am skeptical as well, but I am still going to see it. I love this story and Tim Burton can make some cool stuff. I will let you know my feelings on the matter.

Marci Joy said...

Alice in Wonderland was my absolute favorite growing up (and now, let's be honest). I'm hopeful about this - it looks like he's looked towards through the looking glass, what with the white queen and all.

Melissa said...

I couldn't agree more! I think Depp was SuPeR creepy and I HATED the new Charlie and the Choc. Factory! I really wish they hadn't picked him for this movie. I really hope they din't screw this one up...

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

We are HUGE Tim Burton fans and pretty much own everything he has ever done! I was a die hard fan of the original "Charlie" but Burton's version was much truer to the actual story, which made me really appreciate it. So hopefully that means this one will be able to live up to the hype. As a sidenote, I was in the play "Alice" as a child and that pretty much started my love affair and lifelong relationship with the theatre, so I'm really hoping this doesn't dissappoint.