Friday, February 12, 2010

Bumpdate (aka pictures of me)

Jason stays up much later than I do, and so we have a nightly tuck-in routine. A ritual involving vitamins, cracking the window, water bottle, back pillow, feet elevated and ice pack for the ankles. He is VERY good! The other night he set me up and joked that it made pregnancy look cushy. He may have snapped the picture but I beat him to posting it, to be sure to say--Pregnancy is much harder than it looks. Look closely at what I'm surrounded by--insulin pump, laptop to double check carbs, and clipboard for recording glucose and insulin. I have a hard time getting out of bed or as I realized today at school, getting off the floor. Could it be worse? Absolutely,I've heard the stories, but I don't think any pregnancy is "cushy."

And only semi-related...
I forgot that Bun would need a bathing suit! Mom G sent one that is so flipping cute!
And my progress at week 30


Only 7 and 1/2 weeks to go now...not that I'm counting.

10 comments:

sterlingandbrandi said...

Very cute! And I thought pregnancy was kind of sucked- pillows just kind of help. And the diabetes sounds like it makes it way worse.

noelle regina said...

OMG. what happened in the past month? i feel like at christmas you were just maybe looking like you gained a few lbs in your belly and now it's like full-on preggers.

sorry bun's temporary shelter is a pain (literally). i wish it were twins so you could go through this one less time.

love you.
and stella.

The Castletons said...

Yay!! I am so excited for you guys! Erica you look beautiful as always!

RETTJ16 said...

You look beautiful like always!!

LC. said...

cute girl ;) You look great even stuck with everything you have to go through. I'm glad you've got the big pillow ;)

Ashley said...

You do look great! But it sounds awful. Very awful. That may be some of my own feelings towards pregnancy coming out though.

Melissa said...

Okay, you just might be the cutest thing I have EvEr seen! On and I do love that bathingsuit!

Kysha said...

You look lovely and I'm so glad Jason is taking such good care of you, but I wouldn't expect any less.

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

Although I have fairly easy pregnancies I do NOT think there is anything cushy about it. You look great and sound like you're doing well. Whenever I'm pregnant and Cody whines about his day, I always say, "Well, I grew a brain today..." I don't think sympathy is my strong suit while I'm pregnant:)

Ashley C. said...

You are sooo cute! I love it . Even though it has been rough, you sure do look cute still!

love the swimsuit! how fun.....

And man, I am counting down those weeks too! We are just so excited for baby gardener... Yippeeee!!