When I was little, my father used to sing "You Are My Sunshine" to us before we went to sleep. My mother always wanted him to omit the second verse because she thought it was depressing. I sing Stella both verses but I see her point.
You are my sunshine,
My only sunshine,
You make me happy when skies are grey,
You'll never know dear,
How much I love you,
Please don't take my sunshine away!
The other night dear,
As I lay sleeping,
I dreamt I held you in my arms.
When I awoke dear,
I was mistaken,
So I hung my head down and cried.
Posting without pictures can be boring so I've been on a blogging break while my computer gets fixed. I'll just mention a few quick things...
- Stella is growing and growing; she now chows on solid foods, babbles, takes 2.5 hour naps & fell in love with her doorway jumper - This summer I discovered a love for horse racing. Belmont anyone? I'm not kidding. My uncle's horses race later this month--let's go!
- Accidentally I got hooked on the Hunger Game series--very reminiscent of how I got hooked on the Twilight series. Interestingly, I haven't read either of the last books in these series.
- Noelle moved to London (wipe tear). Yes, I'm excited to visit London but I can't call, or text, or gchat (no computer) whenever I feel like it.
- I don't blog about crafty projects because, it turns out, I'm not crafty.
- I flew solo with Stella for the first time. I had an entire row on both legs of the trip. Leaving me without an accurate picture of what it's like to fly solo with Stella. Thanks for humoring me. Pictures soon.