Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Conversation Our Child Will Never Have

Around 2:00 today, I looked over and realized Caleb did not look well (watery eyes, pale, tired). Here is the conversation that ensued...

E: Cal, are you feeling ok?
C: Not really. That's why I said I wanted to rest.
E: I know but we didn't have time to rest today. Maybe you can take a nap after school.
C: (looking put out) Not really. Our flight leaves so late at night, like 10:00.
E: (forgetting the family is going on a ski trip) Oh right, well you can always sleep on the airplane. I do!
C: (giving me what in hindsight was probably a "you won't believe this" look) No I can't! (Arms fly into the air in exasperation) We're in coach!
E: Honey, people sleep just fine in coach.

It must be hard to believe when the majority of your 5 year-old life has been spent flying first class.

4 comments:

Jordan and Candice said...

AAAHHHH! Unbelievable. Good luck to the parents when he gets older.

Britney said...

Good story. Smile.

noelle regina said...

ridiculous.

it's like when i watched 10 multi-thousand dollar bar stools be thrown into a dumpster in the hamptons and all i could think about that day was "how am i ever going to get my car out here to craiglist these..."

ugh.

auntie libby said...

ok..i know it is over the top, but i can't blame the boy. i love first class too! (and have been known to sulk when i don't get to sit there.)

i remember when flying out to your wedding...first class of course...another passenger who was going to sit in coach, walked by and said "it's ok, we don't need first class, we have family and that's all we need." my reply..."i've got family and first class"!

oh...and i also like 5 star hotels!