Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Memo: Wal-Mart Recall Bulletin


Today one of the Partners I work for at EY came to my desk, handed me a memo with a very serious look in his face, and then just turned and walked away. This was strange for two reasons. A - He is generally a good mood kind of guy, and B - who uses memos anymore?
The title was Wal-Mart recall bulletin. This was relevant because some of my current work has involved Wal-Mart. I begin to read as follows....
Wal-Mart department stores announced a total recall of all "Mr. Met" Halloween costumes effective immediately. When contacted for the reason for the recall, spokesperson Shelly Cora repplied "They pose a tremendous choking haxard!" She went on to say "Wal-Mart did what they had to do."
Did I mention that this partner also happens to be a huge Mets fan - season ticket holder. I got a good laugh out of this. But I really think he is depressed.
Needless to say - it is not a good time to be a Met fan.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is the choking hazard due to Yankee fans physically choking the dude in the Mr. Met costume???

Tyler and Stacy: said...

Dude, they melted down big time! Fortunately for you the experience comes before the postseason. For my team the meltdown is going to come in the postseason. You can book that.