Monday, October 15, 2007

What's for lunch?


Today for lunch the kids had raviolis, marinara sauce and a spinach salad. This is one of their favorite lunches...17 out of 18 will eat ravioli but only 2 or 3 try spinach salad (ranking least favorite veggies).

As Mark approached for seconds on ravioli, he dropped spinach leaves with each step. I had to warn, "Be careful. Don't tip your plate; you're getting salad on the floor" . To which he calmly replies, "Don't worry, I wasn't going to eat it...I just got it for decoration."

How do you not love that? I'm pretty sure that explaining why we dont' waste food was just a waste of breath but I wasted it anyway.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope his mother isn't discouraged that for all her efforts to teach him about appropriate garnishes, he still uses the word "decoration."

Marci + Dan said...

he he he

nikki said...

Seriously, I wish my lunch every day tasted that good.