Friday, September 21, 2007

Glad it happened to me!

One of the nice perks to my job is that almost every Friday someone in a much higher position than myself takes me to lunch. We typically go to a nice place that has good food. The best is when we go to a place that I typically would not go to because it is just too pricey. Today that place was Koi. A wonderful Japenese restaurant in the Bryant Park Hotel that gets great reviews.

http://www.koirestaurant.com/home_ny.html

Very good, infact the sushi was amazing. Service was great. It is all served to share. We had Kobe Filet Mignon (about 4-5 little pieces for $48). I even loved the Sashimi which usually doesn't appeal to me (this place may have completely converted me). Perhaps the most delicious was the special - a double shrimp roll. 3 of use ate - bill came out to be $250 (without the tip, no drinks of course).

Just as one of us was commenting on how good the services has been.... splash! A glass of water has slipped off the waiters tray landing directly onto my shoulder and all down my back. Needless to say I was soaked. The waiter was wonderful. He was so sorry and apologetic. Immediately after the spill all the staff is helping dry me. I actually thought it was pretty funny. I wasn't upset and I felt bad for the waiter. Later the manager approached me and thanked me for being understanding. He also said that if there was anything he could do to just let him know. As I was leaving I saw him in the front, I approached him while handing over my business card.

"I think my wife would really like this place, can I bring her in?"

"Absolutely" was his response. "Just give me a call."

Honey - we are going on a date!

5 comments:

E.F.G. said...

whoopie! but... are we going on a free date?

Unknown said...

That's what I want to know!!

Tyler and Stacy: said...

First Blue C. Now Koi. G is ready to conquer the world.

J.R.G. said...

The manager said he would comp me a meal. So at least one of us will be free.

Tyler and Stacy: said...

I just noticed in your summer movies list that you had The King of Kong. We saw that a couple of weeks ago; what a riot! Seriously one of my favorite films of the year. Steve Wiebe is my idol.