Sunday, July 22, 2007

what i have that's cute....

My husband is so cute and since we don't have any cute baby pictures yet, I'm going to post pictures of Jason. These are some of my favorite memories. This is our first picture together. We had been dating for at least two months, but there aren't always picture opportunities on dates...and I'm just beginning to be a camera person, capturing moments in our lives digitally.


This picture was taken at The Lion House during my cousin Danielle's wedding reception. Jason didn't come as my date. His family was going on a vacation, our stars aligned, and we were in Utah at the same time. This trip qualifies as a favorite memory because it was my first time meeting my future in-laws, although they weren't in-laws at the time. After the reception we drove to Farmington and met Jason's darling parents and little sisters (I already met Deven at the airport). NOTE: I am not writing this next sentence because Mom G may read it. Meeting the Gardners was almost too easy! I already knew I wanted to marry Jason (although I don't know if he was "sold" on the idea at that point...if he was, I didn't know) and therefor was feeling a little nervous. The Gardners instantly made me feel like I had sat at their counter hundreds of times. And now I'm just part of the family.


On our first birthday together, celebrating mine, Jason did something unbelievably thoughtful. I don't know that birthdays were a "big deal" to me. Growing up we always celebrated but as a "grown up" I tried not to expect too much...and I am tough to surprise.

On this September 6th, I assumed we'd go out for a nice dinner but plans weren't discussed...and not because I didn't ask. Jason showed up while I was getting ready, he had to "run get a subway card" and would be "right back". He popped back in 15 minutes to lead me to my birthday surprise. He gave no hints and answered no questions. We left my apartment heading towards the subway station but took an unexpected turn. Jason starting leading me between parked cars right around the corner from my apartment. There was a fancy pants French restaurant right across the street but I couldn't figure out why he'd want to eat there. Jason paused for a moment, turned me around, and said "here it is" or something like that. He surprised me by renting my favorite car, a Chrysler 300M. I loved this car! Every time we saw one that summer I probably made a comment but I didn't realize he was listening. Jason is always this thoughtful. You can see the pride in his face...he loved pulling off the surprise and my delighted reaction.

We took this picture in the cab on the way to the Ray LaMontange concert. It was December 5th, 2005...the day Jason planned on proposing. At the time we were both super-fans and the concert was incredible. Jason wanted to go over to the Alice in Wonderland statue in Central Park, one of my favorite city places ever since my stay at Mt.Sinai hospital 18 years ago. However the proposal was thwarted by my seasonal sinus infection. I felt tired, had to work the next morning and just wanted to head home to bed. Jason proposed two nights later, after picking me up from volunteering at a soup kitchen. Romantic, right? Concert or not, the evening was perfect and now Columbus Circle is one of my favorite city places because that's where Jason asked me to marry him.


And this is us fresh out of the temple. Extremely happy...which we're learning is not how marriage always is but close enough. Jason is funnier than most people probably know, patient, smart, and loving. It's true that he can't find things and hates to look, likes to stay up too late, is overwhelmed by the very idea of cleaning, questions everything, and could have ESPN on constantly...but I'm getting used to those things. Instead I try to focus on how he always takes the garbage out, loves maps/directions and knowing which way to go, works very hard to figure out my moods, does the dishes, is the perfect travel partner, likes trying new things, keeps track of our finances so I don't have to, and accepts (but doesn't always follow) fashion advice. So far, soooooo good.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You win for most beautiful bride! Go-jus!

Marci + Dan said...

Love the blog! Hope your summer is going well! danielandmarci.blogspot.com

familia Bybaran said...

yay! Welcome to blogging. I love your blog. I am going to link to it from mine.

Ashley said...

We love the blog! Its almost inspired us to start blogging...we'll see if we ever get around to that. Its so fun to read about your dating life. You guys are so perfect together!