Friday, July 13, 2007

The last page of my childhood has been turned :(

I regret that my first post is with a heavy heart. Yesterday I read an article that said my team, the NY Mets, have plans to release Julio Franco at the ripe old age of 48. You may be asking yourself why this event merits mention. Let me explain. Julio Franco is the last player that is still active on a Major League Baseball roster from my favorite video game as a child. RBI Baseball, the legend of all video games, the game I spent countless hours playing with all of childhood friends no longer has an active player in MLB. I must mention that Roger Clemens is on the game, but he doesn't count. He has un-retired multiple times and sold his soul along the way, he is no longer a real human.


Raise your head high R.B.I. Baseball, you made a marvelous run and gave innumerable hours of joy to thousands of children across the globe. I for one will keep playing on occasion (thanks to the nifty people who have made the game downloadable onto your PC) and think back to my childhood memories, many of which include the immortal R.B.I. Baseball.

Jason

No comments: