Thursday, July 26, 2007

Quiescently

Last night at 12:45, Jason came in for bed. "Came in" works because I had been in for 5 hours already. What started out as catching 40 winks at 7:15, turned into a full night of deep sleep. Which is why I stirred when he started him moving my book, the computer, and his work clothes off the bed. My body assumed after 5 and 1/2 hours it was time to get up.

After a few pleasantries. This is our conversation...
Jas: I did something really naughty tonight.
Me: What?
Jas: I ate the rest of the Popsicles.
Me(relieved/indifferent): How many were left!?
Jas(starting to sound a little woozy...over-tired or sugar rush): I don't know 5 or 6.
Me(genuine surprise): Oh my gosh, those have a lot of sugar in them.
Jas: I know but they taste so good and it's hot and...I really like that kind.
Me: Ok, we'll get more.

Red, White and Blue Pops. Not your traditional Firecracker, a more Harlem-esque brand. And at twelve popsicles for $2.99, you can't beat the price. Although I am left wondering what the slogan on the box means...."A Quiescently Frozen Confection"

I'm 95% sure a mistake has been made.
To double check the definition click here.

3 comments:

familia Bybaran said...

Maybe they meant quintescential. I don't even know how to spell it. United Dairy may not have a dictionary handy. I think there is no excuse for making those kinds of errors on your packaging. You would think that somewhere down the line, someone would pick up on it.

I so envy you that you can go to bed at 7:45. Maybe that's why you always look so good. You get your beauty sleep.

angelique said...

yay!! another internet site to procrastinate on! great writing guys!

Rebecca Smylie said...

I was just reading Harry Potter and came across the word quiescent. I was happy to know it's meaning. Your blog is so informational! Consider that today, we rented bikes from the same place you guys did last week. Like I said, informational.