Sunday, September 14, 2008

Outback Aphrodesiac


This has been my favorite pedicure polish for at least 4 years. In a typical moment of indecision at "Yes Nails" I selected it based on it's name. The first part of the name...I had just returned from Australia. It is never on my fingers but frequently on my toes, and I knew I would wear it for my stroll down the aisle. Finding a bottle turned into a pre-wedding obsession. Whether or not it's stocked on salon shelves is a gamble, but I did not anticipate tracking a bottle down would be to difficult. I never found one and was getting ready to change my vision (that's right, my pedicure was part of my wedding vision) until a friend randomly found a bottle.

Now, 2+ years later, the old bottle is running a little low so I turned to google to locate a replacement. I found the $25 price tag a little silly and the description description slightly far fetched. How does a person write, and expect others to believe, that nail polish evokes such deep feelings...

I looked again and found it on ebay for much less.

4 comments:

sterlingandbrandi said...

You kind of have to admire the chutzpah it took to write that description though. Its pretty bold for a nail polish. I've never been much for commitment for color, but I do love black, Linkin' Park After Dark, and I'm not really a Waitress for toes.

Melissa said...

Erica...I have NO doubt that you are the funniest person I have ever met. I laughed throughout your entire blog and about died when I read this description of that nail polish. You are so so funny. I wish we lived closer. I need more humor in my life.

Ashley C. said...

ok- this is my third attempt to comment on this post. it is as if the comment gods were against me... and each time i deleted it after writing a really long comment. so here it goes...

what i was going to say was... it is no wonder you are so cool. now i know your secret. i am going to get me some of that.

or something like that. :)

hope nyc is treating you well. we miss you. when are you coming to visit again? anytime soon?

familia Bybaran said...

Experience love? Are they kidding? And $25? It better make you experience love for that much money.