Monday, September 22, 2008

Adam

Today we illustrated our alphabet. This is a fairly typical Kindergarten classroom assignment. Each student picks a letter and we brainstorm a list of things that begin with that letter, the student selects one to draw.

Darling little Adam known for spontaneous bursts of excited applause during conversations, lessons, or announcements of what we are having for lunch, raised his hand for 'A'.

"Ok," I ask "What would you like to draw?"
"Adam," He replies.
"That definitely starts with A but we aren't going to draw self portraits. Actually we aren't going to draw any people we know. You could only draw people doing jobs...like a policewoman for 'P' or a doctor for 'D'."
"I mean Adam the First Man that God made" Adam replies.
"Oh I see, but He is a specific person. Do you have any other ideas?"
"Not really. Can I switch to 'K' and draw a koala?"
"That sounds like a good idea." I offer.
"Oh Good! (applause) I'm going to draw a koala on the move!"

Looked a lot like this.
I wouldn't say I have favorites but...

4 comments:

Kysha said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! Don't you wish you had moments when you couldn't help but burst into spontaneous applause. Adam is the frontrunner for the new baby.

Ashley C. said...

i love it. i still remember and think about my little favorites when i was teaching. kids are so cute and it is so fun to watch them learn. :)

Rebecca Smylie said...

"On the move." That's my favorite part. Not, "Koala running..." or some other lame description.

Dr. LaRisse Skene said...

hilarious. what a cutie. your days are non-stop entertainment i am sure. kids are great. just so innocent and sweet.