Sunday, March 30, 2008

As Billy Madison once sang...

“Back to school, back to school…” Tomorrow I head back to school after our two week break. I’m on the edge of a very minor melt down trying to prepare for tomorrow. As part of the prep, I'm researching quilting with kids, our service learning project for the Spring. As I did, I recalled with great fondness the one quilting masterpiece I created during a college summer and gifted to a then boyfriend (I would love it back). Then I confirmed that making a quilt was definitely on my summer to do list. And then the realization that my summer is only 10 crazy weeks away made me giddy!

My mind now totally off track, I’ve made a list of “Summer To Dos”.
-two professional development classes:Creative Movement in the Early Childhood Curriculum, Using Blocks to Build Creative, Inclusive Early Childhood Environments and/or Supporting Emergent Literacy in the Classroom
-take a basic/intro to Spanish class
-make a quilt
-study/take/pass my final NY Special Ed. certification test
-get tan...for real this summer it's happening
-work on my flower arranging skills
-find a part time job (maybe)

Now taking suggestions...

6 comments:

angelique said...

oo, oo - I'll take Spanish with you! and maybe we could take a ballroom dancing class for exercise?
can't wait to see you!

Ashley C. said...

okay. what is it with making quilts for hs boyfriends. dont they know they should give those back? i have one i would love to get my hands on. anywhoooo- love the summer list. love all the ideas. i am going to second you on getting tan. that sounds good. perhaps you should add- visit utah to that list!

Rebecca Smylie said...

I'll get tan with you. You have a roof, we have a park, and the beach is not that far away. Game on Erica. Getting to the countdown part of the school year has to be one of the best feelings in the world.

Dr. LaRisse Skene said...

Yay cousin! You are almost done!! I hope you pass your exam. What day is it? I hope you have a very nice summer. Are you going to be in NY the whole time or will you get to travel a litte? Tell Jason we said hello. See you in late April :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
coriconnors said...

Hey, ditch the part time job. The list is already long enough and unless the PTJ is as a lifeguard the tan is not likely to happen.
And I am with Ash on adding "visit Utah" to the list.