Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Our Fabulous Weekend with Stacy and Tyler

It was pouring Saturday so we spent the afternoon in the Moma. The temporary exhibit were these incredible technology based inventions. This spray painted masterpiece was made on a computer and then the computer controlled the wall unit. Of course there were the Picassos, Jackson Pollocks, and Van Goghs too.
Thanks to John and Ashley, we tried out Public. An Australasian fusion--we chowed on cured wild boar on toasty crackers, rare kangaroo, best scallops ever, sea trout with vanilla-celeriac creme, lamb sirloin, amazing lentil salad with pomegranate dressing. Definitely add this to your list of must eats. We all left delighted and satisfied.
Aren't these happy faces?

A sad aside--I don't know how it's possible but I took no pictures of our whole happy bunch. And no pictures of Stacy--who is completely adorable...so maybe subconsciously I was avoiding taking her picture. Check out her blog--they'll be there soon, right?

Other great things that happened---we went to Upright Citizens Brigade, ate canolis in Little Italy, shopped SoHo, Jason made us pancakes and bacon (mmmm) for breakfast.

6 comments:

Rebecca Smylie said...

Sounds like a great weekend. i love how you guys do New York. AND--I've only ever seen one episode of Martha Stewart. And it happened to be last week. And she had gone to Public the night before and had some really nice things to say. That's two witnesses. So we're going.

Ashley C. said...

How fun! wish we were there too. We always love a new york trip and good friends. You guys are the best hosts i know.

Tyler and Stacy: said...

Tyler and I were just sitting down to watch our favorite reality show, Top Chef. One of the contestants on the show is a sous chef at Public. He's from New Zealand and on the first challenge he used vegemite! Maybe you should have tried those brussel sprouts.
Stacy

Tyler and Stacy: said...

What about Patsy's? Every night since we've been home, that's what I tell Stacy I want for dinner.

And don't forget the chocolate soup dumplings! Ahh....

Heidi Louise said...

Do you mean to tell me that Hendu was in New York the same weekend I was?

By the way... I love NYC and want to move there. I am way jealous Jason.

familia Bybaran said...

I did check out their blog and it looks like you guys did everything. Cool. I have to play tour guide this week too. I am excited.