Wednesday, March 05, 2008

today i realized...

1. i was critiquing a subway performance of "My Girl". it was actually quite good but i found myself thinking "pitchy in spots", which definitely means i'm watching too much american idol.

2. beautiful boots will always strike a cord of envy in me. no matter that i like my own.

3. after years of noncommittal searching, i have finally found a hairdresser that i adore. thrilled with liliana, and pam's recommendation that led me to her. i am also in a committed relationship with promila, my threader/waxer sent from heaven.

4. i'm not good at making rice. it took me the longest time to locate the cord on the rice cooker (it's one of those tricky pull out from the side #s). i'm lazy with ratio cooking. i like to peek in to check on things which apparently is a rice cooker no-no. if i try the pan, i stick it to the bottom.

5. when it comes to makeup, i will splurge on concealer/foundations, eyeshadow and mascara. but not lipstick because i never-ever find the right color.

6. incoming dalton families are requesting me to be their child's kindergarten teacher--what a compliment (even though many request other teachers)!

11 comments:

Marci + Dan said...

Finding a hairdresser in ny is a big step. Congratulations!

kimmy girl said...

send over your hairdresser info! i need one...badly!

naomi megan. said...

i will also envy boots everywhere my entire life, even though i love every pair i own. maybe it's just part of being a girl?

familia Bybaran said...

Too funny about the pitchiness on the subway. And so nice to be validated at work. I would request you to be my kids' teacher too. I agree about the rice cooker. I have a nice technique to cook Persian rice, but it takes forever. It's very good. Maybe I can show you sometime and serve it with some under-cooked, nasty casserole.

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

I laughed at your "pitchy" thought and I have discovered adding a bit of olive oil to rice and maybe some chicken boullion (sp) makes it come out quite nice.

E.F.G. said...

my hairdress is Liliana at @Salon and Beyond...212-579-5868. the first haircut is 25% off or something. she works quickly--it makes me feel like she knows what she's doing.

Kerstin said...

I think you are cool. Can we be blog friends? Check yes or no.
Kerstin
(wife of Wade, college buddy of Jason and John, roommate of Ash)

Rebecca Smylie said...

Wouldn't it be nice if America could vote about subway performers too? Maybe that fanatic on the 2/3 train could quieted once and for all...

Rebecca Smylie said...

Wouldn't it be nice if America could vote about subway performers too? Maybe that fanatic on the 2/3 train could quieted once and for all...

Rebecca Smylie said...

Wouldn't it be nice if America could vote about subway performers too? Maybe that fanatic on the 2/3 train could quieted once and for all...

J.R.G. said...

Kerstin,
Absolutely yes. Friends it is.
Sign me in--ericagard@blogspot.com