Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Life's Full of Tough Choices

I was 7 when the Little Mermaid came out. Even at that young age I felt the prophetic nature of Ursala's statement, "Life's full of tough choices, idn't it?" I'm mostly sure she was referring to Arielle's choice between staying a mermaid or becoming a human to woo prince Eric.

Like Arielle, I too have a major decision to make. Gray is one of big fall fashion colors and I deeply want (probably need) gray, suede peep-toe pumps. I'd also be happy with wedges. And may prefer closed toe...
Here are today's 2 front runners.


Found at BananaRepublic.com. In person they may be blah...but I like the wedge and peep-toe. Is it a faux pas to wear peep-toe in November?





Aldo. I haven't purchased a pair of Aldo shoes in a long time because I feel like they always hurt my feet....
This is a truer gray and I like the heel.

4 comments:

nikki said...

I hate to say it... but I am a big fan of banana. Quality.

Tyler and Stacy: said...

Not only is it a faux pas, but it could also lead to not-so-faux frostbite in the winter. I vote for shoe #2 -- it looks more fall appropriate. I would also recommend a nice pair of Air Force I's which are classic for any season :)

Tyler and Stacy: said...

I would have to agree with my husband on this one. While both shoes are really cute, I came up with a list of pros and cons for both shoes.

Pros to the grey: You are right when you say they are the color for fall. And that high of a heel sure brings out the woman in me!

Cons to the grey: they look as if they are suede which always puts a damper on rainy or snowy days. Believe me....I know!

Pros to the brown: they are a wedge which pretty much means they are easy, not to mention, the most comfortable heel to walk in.

Cons to the brown: they are a "peep-toed" shoes which means that your peep-toe/big toe has to be well manicured at all times!

I hope this helps in your decision, but all-in-all go with your gut and chose the one that makes you feel the most fabulous.....Or you could just go off the price!! :)

Stacy

Unknown said...

Yeah, I think I like close toed more. So glad you told me gray is in this fall. I'm going to get on that.