Monday, August 13, 2007

High-Low

Years ago I saw "The Story of Us" with Michelle Pheiffer and Bruce Willis...and loved it. One of my very favorite movies, at least in that era. The opening scene is the family of four is sitting around the table, eating dinner and doing "high and low". Each member of the family, in turn, tells a high and a low of their day. I'm going to do a little mid-day high low.

Highs:
1. I met Jason for a quick lunch. I had diet coke and mcnuggets. Even with all the delish eateries in NYC, sometimes nothing beats McD's nuggets.
2. We're going to the Yankee game tonight with my best friend since 4th grade and her fun family. The best part is we have on-field tickets to watch batting practice. On a scale of 1-10, this is a 7.5 to an average baseball fan like me. There's a point deduction for being three hours early and then watching the entire game...6 hours of baseball is slightly daunting. Jason is probably at a 9.25 . It's fun to see him so excited.

Lows:
1. Having to unpack from our trip. Fortunately we washed everything in Utah but still, putting it all away is daunting.
2. I got another parking ticket. This brings my summer total up to four. I plead my way out of one, payed the next, and am confident the bike ticket will be dismissed, if there is still any justice in this city. This one was really a slap in the face. I met Tarika at Bank St. to plan for the upcoming school year and left the car around the corner in a no parking from 11-12:30 zone. At 10:55 I left our meeting and as I rounded the corner the traffic cop was getting back in her car. My cell phone displayed 11:01 and the electronically printed ticket had exactly 11:00 on it...which means, girlfriend was entering the ticket information before 11:00. Really, can I live?

1 comment:

nikki said...

I hate parking in the city. I hate it. I am so glad I do not have a car. We borrowed Cameron's brother's car one weekend and got 2 tickets, both were probably me fault. Traffic cops suck.