Friday, March 30, 2012

My Girl

can you spot my daughter in these pictures?
  
we spent a LOT of time at this park last summer.  these particular images were taken in early june.  i recall being surprised by the public school holiday.  i wasn't sure how stella would react to all the BIG kids in the fountains. 

her little 14 month self was undaunted.  enlivened by the action.  i just watched.  waiting for her to get overwhelmed and call for her momma.  she never did and in the end, i was the one calling for her.

and that's our stella.  she walked for a week before she was running everywhere.  and now she frequently tells me she's busy, or that she needs "two minutes," or that she doesn't want help.  

she's clever and strong and brave and friendly. 
she spontaneously sings her favorite songs (why is jingle bells so catchy?)
i am in awe of how capable she is.  
she makes me laugh.  she makes me want to be a better mom.
and other times she just makes me  crazy.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

I loved reading this because it reminded me of things I had forgotten about Eleanor...she too used to say "two minutes Mama" and Jingle bells is still a hit. Thanks for the reminder, I better write it down!

angelique said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
angelique said...

is she sitting in water fully clothed?! did you let her do that or did she do it by herself?

coriconnors said...

How hillarious is that picture ? A thousand words!

noelle regina said...

she makes me want to squeeze her to pieces. i absolutely LOVE this girl.

Oliver & Margy said...

Happy birthdays to your kiddos! They are so darling, and I love these pictures as usual. Beautiful sentiments, too. We want to skype with you soon!

Gardner's Compost said...

Thats our girl - our lucky star and she brings good luck to all of us.