Thursday, March 01, 2012

Midwinter Walk

 I had a brilliant idea to take an afternoon walk along the Hudson--fresh air to breath, trains to watch, birds to feed, calories to burn. See? Great plan. 
 But... it was FRIGID. Ah, the wind blowing off the water on an overcast day.
Luckily Anton slept and Stella was too excited to notice. 

I swear these paths were paved when I was in high school.  Blasted memory.
After a few miles shoving our mediocre stroller (loaded with 58 pounds of baby) over gravel paths, I did what any mother would do... 


 
             




Stella loved walking up that last hill. 

5 comments:

Gardner's Compost said...

And a good mother you are. If all mothers could be like you we would have a happier world.

Britney said...

You are a great mom! I keep thinking I should take my kids out today, but I can't face the cold. It would be good for them and all, but I think I'll just wait until tomorrow when it hits the 60s. By tomorrow afternoon, I'll have forgotten about today's guilt.

Val Crosby said...

I LOVE reading your blog Erica!! You just might have the two most beautiful children I've ever seen!! I hope it's ok that I blog stalk you..lol... your' family is just WAY too adorable!! Cindy's right, the world could use a lot more Ericas (and Cindys)!!

Kai Grafia said...

your blog is wonderful! :)

E.F.G. said...

val, stalk away! and drop me a clue about how i can stalk back :) i hope you and those cute babies are well. xo