Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Drizzly Day Meandering Thoughts.

my 30 year old life is not what my 20 year old self imagined.  i was going to live in the suburbs.  my husband was going to have a "normal" job.  you know,  a doctor or something businessy.  maybe i'd have two kids in four years (not one).  are you picturing the picket fence?  

here i am.  30.  
loving country music (sing-a-long, want to drive a pick-up kind of love).  
obsessive about recycling and turning off lights we aren't using.  
my husband's job is WAY sexier than something businessy.  
and moving back to harlem makes me want to tap dance.  technically i need to learn how to tap dance first.  
life is good. 
happy wednesday.

8 comments:

Oliver & Margy said...

Beautiful! I would tap dance if I knew Harlem was our next stop too. Isn't it wonderful how the real plans are better than the plans we make for ourselves?

Sara Bussman said...

Great picture of you guys!

noelle regina said...

my 28 year old life plans at 20 didnt include an immigrant style living arrangement with my entire nuclear family. but hey, it worked out!

more kid pics please. sydney is far away

Jamie Wride said...

It makes me want to tap dance too!

Melissa said...

I am SO happy that you are happy! I love you tons :)

Gardner's Compost said...

Happiness is 10% what happens in life and 90% attitude. You've mastered it Erica! And I love you for it.

emily kate said...

I completely agree. My life is not at all what I expected it would be. But it's so much better! Love your cute little fam. Wish we could be in Harlem with you.

Kysha said...

Beautiful family!!!