Monday, May 24, 2010

Uncle Jared

"I'll be Uncle Jared, ok?"  Absolutely.   Then after I snapped this picture and took a seat next to them.  "Can I talk to her?"  Another yes!  "Are you gonna listen?" I nodded.  I knew he wouldn't mind.  Here was the conversation...

"Listen, Stellie.  Grow up to be like your mom.  And come to church.  You gotta come to church to learn about the gospel and Jesus Christ.  And don't smoke at church. (I interjected here that we're hoping she doesn't smoke anywhere).  Just don't smoke cigarettes.  It isn't good for you."  

As much as I didn't want to end the advice session, it was time to change her diaper.  Jared maturely stated, "Oh, I got her. You just go and I'll carry her."  

If only I was relaxed enough to let him carry her.  I promised myself that I'd let Uncle Jared carry around our next child.

8 comments:

Jordan and Candice said...

This is hilarious. I am not sure where you and Jason had gone but Jared came to us asking where you were and begging for us to help find you. (I thought maybe you were hiding.) Then he started yelling, "JAAAASSSSOOOOONNN" throughout the gym.

Oliver & Margy said...

I love this and I'm so glad you blogged about it. Is this when everyone starts calling her Stellie?

Marci Joy said...

What a doll. Both of them. I love that Jared has made multiple appearances on the blog.

Ashley C. said...

adorable. so adorable.

and Stellie has always been my favorite nickname for Stella. Just doesnt get much cuter that that.

She is a doll.

Gardner's Compost said...

Everyone should have an "Uncle Jared". That's just classic. Hey, we can introduce him to the rest of the family this week!
Oh, "Stellie" looks sooo cute!

Kysha said...

Uncle Jared seems like a pretty cool guy. I would have a hard time wanting to part with Stella too.

noelle regina said...

tell uncle jared he's relieved of his responsibilties - aunts noelle, meg and ali are coming to town.

but he's done a great job in our absence.

familia Bybaran said...

I love it! She is looking so darn cute lately. I can't wait for the little buddies to meet soon.