Saturday, May 08, 2010

Same-Same but Different

Noelle came for a visit and it was fabulous.  It's not always fabulous to have a visitor.  It's not always fabulous to spend four days with your sister....or any best friend, for that matter.   We ate Patsy's, shopped, talked about Thailand, watched The Dog Whisperer (maybe teared up a little during The Dog Whisperer), and laughed about being "same-same but different."


Stella adored Noelle.  What's not to love?  She sang Back Street Boys to her, rocked her, and played dress up in girly clothes. I adored Noelle, too.  She saved my sanity during Stella's crying spells, massaged my crinked neck, did the dishes in record time and reassured my that the baby acne was not that bad.  Of course, I realize now, she was lying about the acne.  


Noelle and I are good at a lot of things.  (Angelique is too.)  Noelle, like our mother, becomes consumed with an craft and hones that skill before moving on to the next thing.  Currently she is purchasing absurd amounts of old furniture to refinish/reupholster.  I digress.  This weekend we found something we are not good at.  We thought, "How hard can it be to set up a baby shoot?"  The answer is very.  This was one of our better shots.  I'll just leave it at that.

We miss you, Noelle.  Come back soon with Uncle Matt.

8 comments:

Emily Kate said...

Addie's baby acne is pretty bad right now too! I feel so bad for her. It almost just looks like a rash! That on top of the endless crying/screaming just seems like torture to all of us. But I am ohhhh so jealous of Stella's sleep last night!! Addie slept from 12:00 to 3:30 last night and I was celebrating that long of a stretch!! Can't believe it's been 5 weeks already, can you? At the same time it feels much longer. Love seeing the new pictures of Stella. What a cutie.

noelle regina said...

it was a fabulous weekend. the shower curtain wasn't such a bad idea! and i only sang her backstreet boys that ONE time (and she liked it.)

for those who aren't familiar with the phrase "same same but different" it's how thai people express similarity in the english - things are either same same or same same but different.

Brad and Danielle said...

Hahaha. We tried to set up our own photo shoot with Connor to get some cute shots and avoid emptying our wallets at the JC Penny photo counter. Did. Not. Work. I didn't even have a post-worthy picture from our failed shoot, so I think that's quite an accomplishment! So we ended up spending the money and got several good photos (including the one at the top of our blog, which I love).

Stella is as cute as ever. Don't worry, the baby acne will clear up before you know it. Connor had (has) all kinds of skin complications and irritations, but they get better as they get older.

And to Stella: Keep sleeping well for your mom! Keep up those 10 hour stretches of sleep! Woohoo!

Gardner's Compost said...

I thought I recognized that background in the photo shoot! LOL! Not bad Erica and Noelle. I think she looks adorable. So glad you had a wonderful time together. What a lucky Stella to have such an incredible mom and Auntie.

Melissa said...

I am so glad Noelle could come and visit you! The picture of Stella is adorable!

Ashley C. said...

sisters are the best huh??

we miss you and we are craving that stella.

:)

Dr. LaRisse Skene said...

She is such a cutie---
Glad Noelle finally got to hang out with you. Its so nice to have your sisters around huh?

familia Bybaran said...

Wow. Unbelievable! Sign me up for that! Too bad you didn't just wake up at 8 totally dazed. What I would give for 10 hours of sleep. Seriously.