Saturday, May 08, 2010

The Proof Is In The Pack N' Play*

I jolted awake at 5:20 this morning.  First thought--Did Jason feed Stella?  Second thought--Is Jason late for golf?  Our "alarm" didn't go off.  And by that I mean Stella didn't wake up @4:00 to eat.  For the past three weeks, like clockwork, Stella passes out around 10:45 and wakes up to eat at 4:00.  Yet last night, on the eve of her 5 week birthday, she fell asleep at 10:30 and slept through the night.  Right. On. Through.  

I kept glancing at the clock.  I called my mom at 7:15 just to make sure I shouldn't wake her.  I touched her head to make sure she wasn't feverish.  Can you even feel a fever on a baby's forehead? 

And finally, at 8:30 her little eyes drifted open and she looked about for a few minutes.  She slept for a grand total of 10 hours.  I feel like a new person.  And please, please Stella...let this be a trend. 

*alternate title: Happy Mother's Day Indeed

**Jason was supposed to wake up to go golfing at 5:00.  He was late for golf.

7 comments:

auntie libby said...

Good girl Stella. Keep it up. Here's hoping mommy gets to sleep too instead of worrying!

Unknown said...

What a glorious gift!

I really hope she keeps it up, but don't count your hours of sleep before they hatch! I did that once, and I was terribly heartbroken. :(

Sunny said...

I'm so jealous.

Melissa said...

That's awesome! Good luck!

Ashley C. said...

yay for stella and you!!! and what a perfect mothers day gift!!!

coriconnors said...

Oh Man, I remembner that first night when the baby slept straight through. Of course, when that was John, he was like 5 years old.
Good little girl, that Stella!

RETTJ16 said...

Dont wake her...she looks so cute!!