Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Buying Beef

   There are few grocery stores in our 'hood where I feel comfortable buying meat.  Actually, to be honest, there aren't any.  I love Harlem but I do not buy meat here.  It has to do with cleanliness, the appearance of the products, the hooves two packages over, unfamiliar wrapping...does it all sound crazy?  Now I'm between a rock and hard place. 
     Actually I'm stuck between a meatball and hard place.  I'm craving meatballs.  I want to make meatballs, feed them to friends, freeze them for later, and force Jason to have them for dinner multiple nights in a row.  Now I need beef and have to figure out where to get it.  Jason has a plan--Best Yet, a new grocery store in Harlem.  Jason's rationale....
1. It's new.
2. Margy buys meat there (this got my attention).
3. They have an escalator.
    

      An escalator?  That sounds pretty legit.  I'll consider it.

8 comments:

Ashley said...

HELLO?!?! I only buy meat at Costco, it's great and it's so close. I walk there about every other week.

auntie libby said...

yummmers. i want one or two or ten or your meatballs!

Jordan and Candice said...

Yeah go to Costco. It is cheap and good or I will go to Costco for you because I love it and am there much more often than I should be.

I also just heard about Best Yet from the Jacksons. They said it is a good grocery store and prices are good.

Oliver & Margy said...

BEST YET. The name says it all. I know, I know. If I lived on the East side, I would be at Costco weekly. But honestly, you need to check out this new place. And I don't want it to fold. It HAS TO survive. It's a great grocery store, the people are friendly, the prices are good, and everything is fresh. Come on over!

Melissa said...

Cute post! Why not drive- oh, let's say, about 30 minutes north and buy some in a more trustworthy store. Just giving you a hard time. I hope the meat at this new store is up to your standards. ;)Love ya, Erica!

noelle regina said...

remember those days when we'd walk out of our bedrooms with the same outfit on?

GUESS WHO JUST MADE MEATBALLS AND CAVATELLI?

we must have similar hunger schedules. or maybe i'm pregnant.

noelle regina said...

(and i froze some for matt to make. in fact, he's frying them up tonight while i train)

familia Bybaran said...

Oh the meatballs were heavenly...wherever you got the meat, it was awesome! We get meat at Costco and Fairway. We get everything there. But I would love to try Best Yet. Sounds fun.