Thursday, March 25, 2010

TODAY I MIGHT...

a.  make cavatelli and meatballs
b.  go for a long walk
c.  write thank you notes to my dear kindergarteners
d.  think of a name for Bun, or at least a top 3 list
e.  pack our hospital bag
f.  visiting teach
g.  make a hair appointment

TODAY I WILL...
a.  watch at least one episode of Law & Order
b.  make the bed
c.  explain to asking friends/relatives why we don't have a nursery**
d.  eat salad with balsamic grilled chicken for lunch
e.  take a nap
f.  drink more water


** A true nursery is a luxury that not many (in our situation) have in the city.  For the first year, Bun gets a pack n'play, a dresser (that matches her mother's) with a changing bad on top, a shelf for books and a few baskets of toys.  We don't have bedding or colors or cute prints or a crib even.  Our future children will probably have those things and I may feel a brief twinge of guilt for depriving our first child of darling accessories.  But then I'll remind myself that our first child gets to be born in Washington Heights with views of the city skyline.  That beats a crib, right? 



8 comments:

J.R.G. said...

I think we are simply building character at the tender age of newborn.

Britney said...

Cribs are overrated. And enjoy that view from the delivery room. I know I did...it did a good job of distracting me from labor, for awhile anyway.

auntie libby said...

right! fyi - when johnny was a baby and cori and david lived in ny, johnny slept in a drawer. no room for even a pack and play. bun is already one lucky girl. (and not that it matters but... eleanor franchesca is still one of my favs.)

Unknown said...

Um...just so you know, I think you and Jason are some of the coolest people ever so your sweet little girl won't even care about not having a nursery. Jeff and I, on the other hand, need all the help we can get in the cool department.

As for the name situation, that would be stressing me out. I have had the names for our children picked out since we were married...I am a freak like that hahaha :)

Emily Kate said...

Honestly, I think the nursery is so much more for me than for the baby! She'd get by just fine in a pack n play in our room, like she'd have done if we were still in NYC. And we're not doing a bedding set even though we DO have a crib. Just a sheet. I'm scared of bumpers and the quilts are unnecessary so I just found some sheets I liked and she'll be fine. :) So excited for your little bun to arrive. Can't wait to hear all about it (and hopefully be inspired for our little bun to arrive shortly after!)

Kysha said...

She won't even know she has no nursery or will she care! She'll be more snug in her drawer in your cozy apartment.Little bun has parents with great priorities. So excited for you!

Oliver & Margy said...

Love it! You are wonderful, Erica. And your baby will be too. (And at this point, I don't even know the difference between a crib and a pack and play. Hopefully the bun won't either.)

Unknown said...

hi this is GREAT aunt Toni..Stella, you are sooooo beautiful. Good thing you have such good-lookin parents, and grandparents! they must be bustin their buttons for how proud they are! I'm so thrilled for all of you, and glad you made it here safe and sound.I love your whole name. congradulations, Love ya, auntie Toni