Thursday, February 09, 2012

My Mama's Boy--10 months

Mothering Anton yanks at my heart. In a good way. Stella is independent and bold. She loves a thrill and any form of social interaction. Anton is, in every way, more subtle. He observes intently and is sensitive to his environment. New situations are often overwhelming. He is quick to call for help. And in a world slanted towards extroverts, I find myself fiercely protective of him. He has a shy smile and an endearing giggle. He loves avocados. His arms shake with excitement at the very sight of Stella. And, oh, my boy could cuddle all day long.  Just writing this makes me want to go snatch him up from his crib and kiss him a thousand times. 


One of my 2012 resolutions is to celebrate more. I'll save the details for my journal but suffice to say, Anton gives good cause for celebration. Aside from his early arrival to the planet, Anton's life pace is completely unrushed. While I anxiously waited to check off milestones (why is this part of my personality?), he took his time to push up on his arms, roll over, hold a sippy cup, crawl, etc. 
 
And so when he does anything new I die with excitement. It's almost embarrassing. If you could have seen me the first time waved bye-bye. 

Days before entering his tenth month, my little man started crawling. The sound of his pudgy hands smacking across the kitchen floor kills me. Speed is only a factor if he's after pompoms, the vacuum hose or Uncle Matt. (He loves Matt almost as much as he loves Stella.)

7 comments:

Jordan and Candice said...

He is so, so adorable. I want to squeeze him. I can't wait until you guys come back and he and Ellis can be BFFs.

noelle regina said...

uncle map sure does adore him too.

Oliver & Margy said...

What a champ! He is adorable.

Marci Joy said...

So cute!

Gardner's Compost said...

He is pure joy - just like his sister. Mom and dad too!

Kysha said...

I want to squish his cute cheeks! Your children are beautiful!

Brad and Danielle said...

So so cute!! He is getting so big! Glad we got to see you guys just a few months ago!