Thursday, January 13, 2011

SNOW DAY!

On Tuesday night, Mr. Bloomberg declared a weather emergency and my friend's at the Dalton School got a snow day.  Then the "major" snowstorm left us with 5 inches.  (Long Island, Westchester, New Jersey and Connecticut were buried though).   My parents were telling me how they just shoveled another foot of snow off the driveway.  I was telling them how funny it was to see plow after plow coming down 5th Ave without any snow to push.  That orange tractor is actually speading snow on to the road to melt it.
"Well, [city officials] couldn't get caught with their pants down again." explained my dad.   
So we had a snow day.  Most days could be treated like a snow day for us...hot cocoa, sweat pants, indoor games.  But it is more fun with snow on the ground and Jason working from home. 
 
We went out for a walk.  The puff isn't waterproof and we don't have a little pull sleigh (lame, right?) so we were limited to looking at dogs playing in the snow.  She loved it.
Stella had soup for lunch, watched t.v., practiced drinking from the Camelbak, unrolled the toilet paper and emptied the drawer of bags (one of  her favorite past times). 
We had tunnel time.  
And I was forced to acknowledge that I can no longer comfortably chase Stella through the tunnel.  My role has been scaled back to peeking in the windowns and peek-a-booing at the ends.  

Now that we've enjoyed it, I hope the snow melts away asap.  I don't want to watch the world go from blanketed in white to blanketed in dirty gray or slosh through the sidewalk slop.

7 comments:

noelle regina said...

a waterproof puff! brilliant. i'll pick that up for next winter. seeing this pictures breaks my little heart. i want to be where buttons is. heart her.

COME VISIT.

Oliver & Margy said...

I love snow days! So fun. And that tunnel looks awesome.

kristin said...

I love her so much. And I've still never met her.

E.F.G. said...

but kristin, aren't you coming to nyc? let me know when!

Gardner's Compost said...

Was needing a Stella fix tonightbefore I went to bed. Thanks for the post and the pictures. oh,how we miss her and I think she has a very fun mommy.

Brad and Danielle said...

I just love that pink puff!

chelsea said...

Snow days looks so awesome!

Frisco Garage Doors|Texas Antelope Hunting