Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Little Bit Of This...A Little Bit Of That.

I'm sick.  Not for real sick, "just" a cold.  The kind that makes your ears hurt, your throat itchy, your nostrils ache, and your nose run.  The kind that makes you do a double-take every time you pass a mirror.  Seriously, am I that pale?  We've basically stayed in all week and I've taken a few long naps with Ms. Stella.  On the up side, Stella finds the constant sneezing hysterical and I've lost interest in Diet Coke.  No. Really.  Three days coke free and I'm almost ready to just call it quits.  If I go for it now, I won't have to endure the withdrawal headaches later.  Tough decisions.
 Stella finally started holding her bottle.  Sort of.  She hasn't quite figured out how to tip it up for those last few ounces.
This week we had a play date with Michelle and her cute babies.  Michelle also had babies 12 months apart but what you can't tell from this picture, is that the second pregnancy produced twins!  Madison is 17 months and Morgan & James are 5 months.  James napped through this picture.  Stella was in heaven.  She spent most of the time following Madison around and pulled herself up on Madison's leg...which meant knocking Madison over. 

A few friends have requested bump pictures.  We haven't taken any.  I'm finding the second pregnancy to be quite different from the first.   I haven't been reading books to find out if Brother can open his eyelids or suck his thumb yet, or documenting every flutter and kick.  We aren't obsessing over names.  I'm not even sure how far along I am.  26 weeks?  As soon as we get on the ball, I'll post some pictures.  And for now, lets just say 1/2 my weight gain happened in the first 20 weeks and the second 1/2 happened in the past 5 weeks.  I definitely look pregnant now.   Better ease up on the Oreos.    

5 comments:

Rebecca Smylie said...

Judging by how much you gained in those first twenty weeks, my guess is that your total weight gain is hovering right about four pounds now? Come on erica, for a woman capable of producing ten pounders, that's a pretty weak belly.

Alizilla.lauren said...

Oh Erica, i hope you get feeling better :/. Being sick is no fun, not at all. Glad Stella is trying to make your day better by finding humor in your misery.
Can you believe we only have about 80 something days left of being pregnant?? You lucked out and missed out on the first 80! Lucky duck.. Miss you, thinkin of you and Jason constantly.

Oliver & Margy said...

I'm so happy for Stella holding her bottle and for you kicking the DC habit. That bottle holding is going to be a necessary skill once brother gets here. Hope you feel better soon!

Gardner's Compost said...

I can just hear Stella laughing at your sneezes....(smile then heartache). I'm sad that you are sick, Erica. Get better! How cute she is in her little circle of friends. I think she has your social graces.

Dr. LaRisse Skene said...

Unless you've lost your camera you have no excuse for not taking pictures of your bump....photos please?