Friday, November 05, 2010

We LOVE Going to the Doctor

We went for Stella's 7 month check-up this morning.  Are you surprised that she had a 7 month appointment?  Yeah, well, so were some of my friends at playgroup.  Apparently after 6 months, most doctors ask you come back every three months (9, 12, 15, etc) and then the regular check ups slow down even more.  Hmmm.  I figured either...
A. my insurance company (and us) was getting swindled 
or 
B. I have an extremely attentive pediatrician 

I was leaning towards B.  Turns out the answer is C-none of the above (or, in other words, the mother wasn't listening).  

So Stella was weighed, measured, examined, and injected a little ahead of schedule.  Dr. Larson saw her upper teeth starting to push through (which might explain why she fussed for an hour last night!) and admired her muscle development.  I continue to be in awe of how tall she is.  How tall, and how perfect.  Yesterday, I could have had 100 Stellas.

 Current Stats 
19 1/2 lbs (88%)
29 inches (99%)

Stella wore The Puff out yesterday.  It was almost cold enough.  It almost fit in the stroller.  I was in heaven.

8 comments:

Ashley said...

That is impressive! It would be fun to see her with Clive. I think she might be taller than him and he might be less than 19lbs. I better start feeding him more. :)

auntie libby said...

yup, stella pretty much is heaven!

noelle regina said...

I LOVE THAT PUFF.
i could love 100 more stellas. GET TO WORK.

Oliver & Margy said...

I'm totally with Noelle on this one. Bring on the Puff and the kids. We love Stella.

Gardner's Compost said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gardner's Compost said...

Let me re-phrase that...
I know we could not get enough Stellas - she is just so perfect and loveable. Even if you don't have all Stellas you'll love them just the same. Just for the record - We could have had a 100 Jasons as well!

Rebecca Smylie said...

Hooray! Any time I see a baby that weighs a lot at a young age I do a little fist pump. Big babies can take better malaria medicine. See how I'm processing life these days? We miss you guys. And the little puff. I'm Noelle: GET TO WORK.

Melissa said...

Yaya for Stella! She is beautiful!