Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Getting Through The Night

 
Between travel, a seasonal cold or two, Stella's eating habits, and mostly a big soft spot for this little face, we created a nightmare.   We were getting up at least once a night to pop her pacifier back in and at 5:00 for a little snack.  Only sometimes would she go back to sleep after that snack.  The preference is to climb all over us in bed.  Trust me, I'm a MUCH better mother when I'm rested.
 
So we decided to let Stella cry it out.  Jason and I are covering our ears with pillows and trying to keep our heart rates down.
Night 1-- cried from 3:40-4:30 and woke up cheerful at 7:00. 
Night 2-- fussed twice for 10 minutes and woke up chatting at 6:30.
Jason's been a little groggy at work, I take a morning nap, and our neighbors probably despise us.  Although I hesitate to declare victory after two nights, it seems to be working.

4 comments:

Marci Joy said...

You two are brave. And she is so cute!

Melissa said...

Keep it up. I know how hard it is to hear them scream like that but it will be SO worth it if you stick with it. The sooner you get this over with, the better. T-rust me!!!

Brad and Danielle said...

I know, it's so hard to hear them cry! Well worth it though!

sterlingandbrandi said...

I just stick to the motto you've already discovered, "I'm a much better mother when I'm rested." It makes me feel slightly less guilty for the ear plugs I wear now. Eek, I feel guilty admitting those...