Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thanksgiving

a few samples of how the nicolais prep for thanksgiving...
1. melt about 3 cups of brown sugar in an equally alarming amount of butter and pour over sweet potatoes to negate all nutrients.
2. roast peppers until they're sufficiently blackened. peel off skin and add olive oil, garlic (see #3), and parsley. (jason's job this year)
3. chop 25 gloves of garlic. do not use garlic press because mom swears it is too hard to clean.
4. boil/steam 14 artichokes to stuff with breadcrumbs.

the best part is sharing the deliciousnes with family and friends and enjoying an evening of stories, music, and togetherness.




4 comments:

Tyler and Stacy: said...

If every night consisted of food, stories and Big Frank, I'm quite sure my life would be complete.

Rebecca Smylie said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the Nicolai's know food (and clothes).

john said...

I wish I was there.

Oliver & Margy said...

Amazing and delicious. And I loved the secret ingredients - garlic and olive oil. YUMMMM.