Wednesday, December 10, 2008

overheard in kindergarten

erin "my dad is from china....chinese"
charlie "my dad is boston."

rhyming is a big theme in my class, so in a way i was asking for it. before an acting activity, i wrote "skits" on the board and as we discussed the meaning i hear brett say, "that rhymes with the s-word."
lily, "no it doesn't." then she slowly enunciates "stupid"--the word that has somehow become the kindergarten swear. stopped that conversation in record time.

today at the MET..."I'm going to be gooder than usual today. You know why? Because I already know not to touch things."

aaron was out monday and looked iffy on tuesday, i felt his head (i don't know why i did this b/c i can NEVER tell) and sent him down to the nurse. as he left he said, "i know, i know, you want a professional to do it."

3 comments:

angelique said...

ha, I remember a time in my life when calling someone a 'butt-head' was daring and edgy

Oliver & Margy said...

These are priceless. If only my job could be funny and clean (aside from snack time mess, I'm sure). Glad you're teaching them the important things.

Sunny said...

These are great. Kind of makes me wish I could spend more time with kindergartners. Kind of. And your family food traditions look delicious. I was walking through little Italy today and I seriously thought of you and your Thanksgiving post when I smelled all the good food.