Saturday, November 05, 2011

Surprises....with perfect timing.

This hasn't been my finest week. Jason completed 1/4 of his training in Georgia. Which means we still have 3 months without him. The separation is especially hard on Stella. She is an anxious mess before nap and bedtime, and screams hysterically for 30-45 minutes before falling asleep (trust me, this was a last option). Both she and Anton have been sick for almost three weeks (see below) with the cold from Hell, which morphed into Bronchiolitis. Anton's being a pretty good sport but the memories of my happy little boy are becoming hazier. To boot, we are supposed to go to Utah next weekend but we may have to cancel so Anton's head doesn't explode on the airplane.

But it isn't all bad. Trivial as it may seem, I got these in the mail last week....
My mother-in-law has great taste and good timing.  As comfortable as they are cute, these wedges were exactly the pick me up I needed.
*I'm hoping in person a bright pedicure will distract from my veiny feet.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

So sorry you're having a hard time! I hope things get better soon. Your shoes are adorable!

john said...

love you guys. eat something delicious. that might help.
(shoes look nice, btw)

Gardner's Compost said...

They look great on you!