Saturday, February 26, 2011

There's No Place Like...

We moved.  Well, we're in the process of moving and I am obsessed with making it feel like home. It must be nesting.  Right?  Brother's eviction date is tentatively set for 4/11/11.  SIX WEEKS!  It's still surreal.  Occasionally I am taken aback when I open the right side of the closet and find baby boy clothes hanging there.  I better be as ready as possible.

I have unfairly mentioned at least 1,000,000 times that forward motion has been stalled by lack of furniture (Jason needs to rent a van and get the rest from storage.  aka: my mother's basement).  It has also been stalled by Stella's presence.  By doctor's appointments.  And by a DIY project from hell.  It really did look simple but it's taking an extraordinary amount of time... and we still have another window to do.  We had to add a step (lining).  It also seems that I measured wrong and now have to unpick the panels we finished and add a fabric extension to correct the 2 inch gap at the bottom.  Can't wait to cross this project off the our do list.

Here's what Stella has been up to while we clean, unpack and arrange.  That is when she isn't pulling on my legs...
-talking to her best friend

 -"taking a knee"  to examine the wisks 
 -reading
-learning to clap

10 comments:

Summer said...

I just found your blog through Diana Gardner's. I can't believe how big Stella is getting! She is so cute! Congratulations on moving. That is so exciting! And are you due with a boy in 6 weeks? I am so happy for you guys!

emily kate said...

I know I say this all the time but I so wish we were neighbors. Addie and Stella are into the same things and they would be so cute playing together. Hope the rest of the move/nesting goes smoothly!

noelle regina said...

she's really good at downward facing dog - maybe i will take her to kiddie yoga in apri. CAN'T WAIT TO see her. we can run around in the grass in the park. stroll around the city.

she is just the cutest thing ever.
now just post some of luci cat and i'll be a happy girl.

scott and linds said...

WOW- six weeks!!? You're almost there!! Stella is just the cutest thing ever!! She looks like a ball of fun all the time and I love those dimples! I've decided I hate DIY projects.. They ALWAYS take me longer than I think. Your sister is such a pro- I just don't think its in me. I hope you finish soon and get your furniture. Enjoy the last six weeks ;)

Rebecca Smylie said...

Learning to clap!!! Hooray for the Gardners and a baby that can't seriously be almost here?!?!!! Also, I must not have read your post thoroughly because now I want to make those curtains for myself. Uh oh.

mj said...

Wow!Stella is really an amazing kid! Her smile gives joy to me...She's so cute.



Alaska Fishing Lodge | Real Estate |
Washington State Speeding Ticket | SEO Dallas |
Alaska Hunting Guides

angelique said...

Rebecca you should know that Erica went to our mom for help with the curtain thing and our mom, perfectionist and licensed home economist that she is, added a few embellishments to the project - the actual project as described in the link Erica included in this blog seems a lot less complicated than the project I saw them doing at home last weekend

The Mendenhall Clan said...

ur baby boy will be born on Jaxson birthday!!!!!! So excited!!!

Gardner's Compost said...

I hope that great self-image continues! What a doll!

Melissa said...

She is so, so cute! You are such a great mom! She looks so happy and healthy :)