Thursday, July 23, 2009

Turns Out I'm American

When we were younger, a ride with Aunt Antoinette meant we were either listening to Brenda Lee or Lee Greenwood. I know the the words of God Bless the USA by heart...


"From Detroit down to Houston,
and New York to L.A.
Well there's pride in every American heart,
and its time we stand and say.

That I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free."

Not that I was feeling particularly free, but I was feeling very American last night as I devoured a BigMac and then bought a t-shirt at the GAP.

Looking for a Big Mac pictures, I came across What You Really Get a site that compares advertising images with what you are really served at fast food restaurants.


Mine didn't look this good, the layers were doing a familiar slide but it tasted delicious!

3 comments:

noelle regina said...

1. welcome back to blogging.

2. sorry i was so short on the phone yesterday but i could feel my blood boiling about the utilities and needed to call matt IMMEDIATELY

3. you also know the words to "The Day the Squirrel Went Berserk"

4. i think you forgot to mention that a ride in the car with AA also meant McyD's.

5. MM- look-atem.
(matt and i laugh about this ALL THE TIME)

noelle regina said...

in case you forgot...

The day the squirrel went berserk
In the First Self-Righteous Church
In the sleepy little town of Pascagoula
It was a fight for survival
that broke out in revival
They were jumpin' pews and shoutin' Hallelujah!

Unknown said...

Um...I learned that song in Preschool for a program and we had actions to it, full of fist pumps and feet stamping. No joke. Makes it better. I promise. "I'm proud to be an American..."