Saturday, February 07, 2009

The One!

Before December 2007 I didn't wear hats. Actually I detested winter hats with the same intensity that I detest styrofoam. I couldn't find a cute one that kept my head warm enough to justify the static disaster left behind when I took it off. This was a dilemma--you can lose up to 60% of your body heat through your head and I never looked warm enough. In that way teenagers wearing tank tops and open toed shoes in October just don't look warm enough. Then these lovely friends gave me a hat. This hat...And now I wear the hat everywhere--doing errands, to school/work, around my cold apartment and out to dinner (pictured). I finally found (ahem, was given) the one!

6 comments:

Ashley C. said...

...and you wear it sooooo well. how cute are you? glad to see that it gets used. miss you guys. ya know it does get cold enough here that you could move here and still wear it!

Tyler and Stacy: said...

This post made me laugh because Christmas of 2007 when we were in Utah visiting family my sister invited me to go snowboarding with her. The problem was, I didn't have any snow gear, but then Johnny and Ashley were kind enough to let me borrow some snow stuff (pants, gloves, and a hat). I swear it was that same hat and I loved it too! It was so soft and warm, I was so sad to say goodbye to that precious hat. I must say though that it looks much, much cuter on you.

E.F.G. said...

maybe we should take turns with the hat? stacy gets it one year, i get it the next. i'll share in the 2009-2010 season

Stacy said...

Ha ha......yes, it could be like Sisterhood of the Traveling Hat.

Oliver & Margy said...

So cute! I'm glad you found the one. Can't believe I haven't seen you in it yet. I love winter hats.

Marci + Dan said...

Super cute hat.