Monday, January 28, 2008

odds and ends

-mom, noelle, and i found noelle an amazing wedding gown. well, three actually but noelle picked the one that is totally her. i won't post pictures and be a spoiler but i will say that it's a statement. sophisticated, stunning, unusual and a dress that wouldn't be much on person who isn't much. but if you know noelle, you know that isn't an issue. check back in july for wedding pictures. also stayed tuned for the bridesmaid dress saga. that seach was not so successful and noelle and i tried on abotu 20 dresses.

-for the first time since september, my weekend was work free. it felt odd...and nice. which reminds me, if you have heard my spew about never doing this job again. i lied. yeah the truth is that i would make the same money, have time to shop online and probably work 4 less hours a day as an administrative assistant. but i'd be missing out on the hysterical commentary, honest remarks, and fun little people i spend all day with.

-i'm coming to grips with the harlem rats. when i see garbage bags wrastling around, i don't instantly want to heave. i can tolerate them running across the sidewalk in front of me (at least 6 ft. from me). so now, somehow i feel represented by the upcoming year of the rat.

-i like to unwind by blog stalking. jason unwinds watching sports. we have found common ground on monday nights. all weekend i look forward to monday night for america gladiators! a staple of my childhood....saturday mornings my sisters and i cleaned our rooms, helped with chores, and then claimed a spot on the rug to watch men and women battle for the title. now it's back and an even richer experience because i comprehend how terrifying the gladiators are. those women could squash most men in a fight. jason's fake girlfriend, crush, is especially scary!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

So glad to see you back on the blog...I was missing you. I was also very excited to hear or read actually about Noelle's engagement. I checked her blog to find out. She is so funny. I can't wait to see some picture of this dress of hers.

Kysha said...

Though your job requires much endurance, I'm sure no one could do it better than you. The rat comments make me nervous--Casey and I once lived in what we refer to as "the mouse house", I won't go into details but imagine me standing on a chair with a newborn while Casey ran around the room with a baseball bat--regular occurances. I'm with ya on the American Gladiators, and if your sisters dress is anything like yours--I'm way excited! I'm still dying over yours!

sterlingandbrandi said...

What if you just sent me a picture of the dress? I'm not in the family or anything, I totally keep secrets and I am SO curious!! (just kidding, kind of...)