Saturday, January 19, 2008

Listen Up Old Man Winter



My inner child is dying for a snow storm. My boots are ready. I want that "school is closed" phone call. I want to hear kids sledding in Central Park and snow plows scraping the streets (leaving many frustrated drivers digging out). I need an excuse to bundle up on the couch with hot chocolate and movies. I want it to feel like winter.
So far all NYC has experienced are storm warnings that pass, cold rains, and a few sprinkles. And creepier still, 60 degree days. My hope is not gone. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and snow pants ready for a late January/early February Noreastern. Bring it on winter.

(these pictures are from 2005. i 'm on the steps of the MET and jason & i are in front of the Alice in Wonderland statue)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The grass is always greener. It's -25 here. It blows. I want to kill myself. I'm not joking.

Kysha said...

You can have some of ours. Spring please-enough already. It was great to see you guys in Utah!!

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

I must admit my wishes are working against yours since pushing a stroller through the snow is not my ideal way to go. I remember that snowstorm in 2005, very cool pics.

nikki said...

I can share your sentiments but only in theory. A nice snowstorm is great and we haven't had one in 2 years, but the thought of one now kind of makes me depressed because all I want is sunshine and spring.

Oliver & Margy said...

You sure make it sound great! However, I believe Old Man Winter is listening, it's the storm clouds that aren't... brrrr it is COLD.

naomi megan. said...

I'm with you here, girl. I've been begging for this since October. Where is all the powdery white stuff to accompany this cold wind??? I'm almost over it...calling for summertime already.