Thursday, December 27, 2007

Blogger's Guilt

One of my bad teenage habits was starting journals, writing a dozen entries, and quickly tapering off. There was no legitimate reason; no writer's block, lost diaries, or broken fingers. And then each time I'd glance at the cute cover, you know--flowery fields or colorful patters, the guilt pangs would strike, worsening when I debated whether to write again or wait for a fresh start (like September when school started, or New Year's).

It was the length of time between entries left me stumped then...and now. Say it had been two months, was I to include some vague catch up or just pick up as if I'd never stopped.

I'm having this same problem with our blog. I keep wondering if I should rewind and write about our Thanksgiving trip to Mesa, AZ. Cousin LaMont did mix 50 lbs of mashed potatoes with a dry wall mixer on an electric drill while his sister, Trina, dropped in sticks of butter. Perfect post material. Or do I include some of the awesome Christmastime activities...ice skating, holiday soirees, sing-a-longs, family get togethers, etc.

When we started this blog, we evaluated the commitment and felt we were ready. Yet now that familiar guilt is back.

High hopes for 2008...

2 comments:

Oliver & Margy said...

I definitely hear you on bloggers guilt on on teenage journal writing. But you'd better believe I'd be thrilled to hear about your past adventures, even if it's St. Patty's day and we're celebrating Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

Yes, you are a slacker. Get on it.

And now I'm dying to know about the potatoes.