Monday, July 25, 2011

Accidents

Stella stumbled and fell face first onto our wood floor.  It was definitely the hardest she has ever fallen and possibly the hardest she has ever cried.  Breathless and soundless for a few moments and then her little body shook with sobs. It wasn't my finest moment either.
Luckily her teeth stayed in her mouth.  Luckily there was only a little bit of blood.  
But look at this sad fat lip. 

And while I'm on the subject of accidents.  My mother and I had one last week.  What was supposed to be a little trim turned into choppy blunt bangs.  Jason was not happy about it.  I'm just glad I learned this lesson when she's 1, not when she's 9.

Here are the "before" and "after" bangs.  Clearly we need to meet somewhere in the middle.

6 comments:

Brad and Danielle said...

2 weeks after moving into our house with hard wood floors Connor fell twice flat on his face in the same week. Lots of crying, lots of blood (she didn't bleed much? We thought for sure Connor was gonna need stitches both times), but fortunately all the teeth are still there.

And second, add some pig tails to that girl and those bangs will be cute as ever. :)

Unknown said...

Jeff and I can't get over how much she looks like Jason!! What a cutie.

Kysha said...

Your children are just darling....I also loved your "cheesy post" below.

Melissa said...

I love her Erica! Sad lip but just know you will see many more of those in your lifetime.

The Mendenhall Clan said...

next time she needs her bangs trimmed u just let her auntie claire take care of her!!!

Sunny said...

She still looks adorable. I know I am late to this and the bangs probably already grew back. But that picture of her in orange and socks? Adorable.