Friday, August 13, 2010

They See Me Rollin'

On July 26th Stellie rolled for the first time and ever since has been refining her technique. 
   
1. lay on back--look around 
2. lift legs and grab feet
 
3.  try not to become distracted with getting toes into mouth  
4. tip over to the side
 
5. in side position, munch fingers for a little while (amount of time depends on how much noise mom & dad are making)
6. rotate shoulder towards the ground, hips and legs should follow, and voila, roll accomplished.
Occasionally Stella's roll isn't so graceful and we find her stuck, arms pinned under her.  Being the attentive mother that I am, I immediately (after a quick picture or two) pull her arms out for her and prop her up.  This week her PT encouraged me to let her struggle a little to get her arms out.  What?  You mean don't rush right over at the first sign of discomfort.  I'm already on the road to making her bed every morning and doing her science projects for her.  So much to learn.

8 comments:

Allison and Noah Riley said...

She is so stinkin' cute! I can't handle that dimple! Looking forward to seeing her (and her parents, of course) on Sunday.

Ashley C. said...

yay stellie!! love her!!

auntie libby said...

keep these posts coming....i can't get enough!

noelle regina said...

it's ok, i'm already on the road to sacrificing my future children's college tuition for her wardrobe :)

wait til you see this new dwell dress! target clearance!!!

she's so cute i want to scream. matt and i are driving 962 miles tomorrow, just so we can see her sooner.

Dr. LaRisse Skene said...

she is a smiler :)

Unknown said...

She is adorable. She has the cutest smile I love it! Oh and the owl hat that Mona Jean was wearing in her picture goes with an adorable owl onesie. My sister and mom got it at Nordstrom. I believe it is Zutano brand.

Melissa said...

I could get lost in her dimples. She is such a lovie! Congrats on this milestone. Squeeze her for me :)

Brad and Danielle said...

Love the progressive rolling pics. She is too cute! And I love that little smile!

Way to go Stella!