Sunday, June 13, 2010

2 Month Update

A few weeks ago we went for Stella's 2 month check up.   She was smiling and happy, right up until the 2nd shot when she realized what was going on and did NOT like it.  Neither did we.
There is something to be said for consistency.  Stella continues to rock the 95% for height and weight.  She weighed in at 13lb5oz and was 25 inches long. 
When we got to the doctor, Stella hadn't gone to the bathroom in 5 days.  Dr. Larson said she may just have a long colon (she is a long girl) but suggested that we give her a little prune juice.  She gulped it right down and let's just say, it did the trick.
Stella continues to sleep like a champ.  Most nights from 10 p.m. - 4 a.m.  with a couple 2 hour naps and 30-45 minute cat naps here and there.  Here brain must be HUGE!  I love this part of the update, Stella now takes a pacifier (with a little coaxing).  I wouldn't say that she loves it...but we're getting closer to that point.  I've been waiting for this day and have a somewhat irrational belief that it is going to make all of our lives better. 
Her grins are heartwarming but catching them on camera is tricky.  We'll work on it but for now, the focus is on enjoying them. 

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that little smile!!

matt said...

i am in love

Ashley said...

She is such a beauty! Her legs look so long on that doctor's table. I think she could be as tall as Clive & he's 6 months. I have (or maybe had) the same belief with the binky. I really made Clive take it but he doesn't seem to care much for it. It does help him go to sleep, but it doesn't comfort & quiet him mid-crying like it did for Leo. Guess they are just their own little person from the very start!

The Castletons said...

She is so cute! Can't wait to see her. I love Jason's face in the first pic. You can tell exactly what he is thinking :)

auntie libby said...

how many days until you get here?! i can't wait.

Gardner's Compost said...

Such great memories. Just for the record...it was Stella's two month check up. (Just a small typo). Like Libby said...hurry and get here! We miss all of you.

Emily Kate said...

Oh my heck, Erica! She's so freaking adorable! I wish we hadn't had to move Addie's appointment because then I'd have stats to compare. I'm dreading the shots though, yikes! I'm happy Stella is taking a binky. It makes our life easier but the girl can't figure out how to hold it in herself so it makes her stop crying but I have to hold it in. But I must say I am so incredibly jealous of her sleeping!! Addie naps alright (most days) but still only does 3-4 hours at a time at night. It's so fun having babies the same age! I only wish I was in New York so they could be buddies.

E.F.G. said...

fixed it mom--that's a big type :)

Ashley C. said...

she is sooooo cute! love that little smile! Cant wait to steal her away for awhile when you are here...

And you are right with the binkie- no lie I tried to get ruby to take one a month ago. She never has, never would and a month ago i tried again. yep- at 18 months. I was that convinced it would make my life better.

she didnt take it. :)

love you guys!!

Kysha said...

She is a darling little Jason/Erica combo. She seems like a very happy baby. Good work guys.

Brad and Danielle said...

Connor was very similar when he was younger! He once went 12 days without #2! I couldn't believe it! He did that several times too! A week here, 5 days there, 9 days there. Crazy! Needless to say, prune juice has also been our friend. He gets some every day and he is quite regular. :) There now you know all about my child's regularity. Why do we as moms feel the need to share this information? I guess that's what happens when your every waking moment is spent counting wet diapers (and solid ones), trying to remember how many hours its been since they ate last, and watching the clock to see how long they napped.

Connor also wouldn't take a pacifier either. He would a little at first with some persuasion, but he gave up completely and only wanted our finger. Then he found his thumb - that has been delightful!!

Good luck! Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!

Melissa said...

She is SO beautiful! And I just noticed that she is moving BOTH arms! What a miracle! GO STELLA!

noelle regina said...

it looks like stella has my same squinty eye in that last pic!