Friday, December 18, 2009

One Week and Counting

In honor of the seven days remaining until Christmas, I decided to list 7 of the things that have made my happy this season (thus far and in no particular order)...

1. receiving the most amazing pregnancy pillow ever--i'll probably sleep with it for the rest of my life
2. my new, and most favorite, ornament and our first family tree

3. the Nicolai family Christmas party. as usual, i slacked on the pictures but did get this one of my mom's delicious, huge snowball cake
4. these two triumphantly returning for a holiday visit and the adventures that followed
5. making Christmas treats with Jason--even if it wasn't the "1, 2, done" process we envisioned and we were forced to abandon the project midway. as you can see, it wasn't for lack of thoughtful preparation...

6. two weeks off from school two. weeks. off.
7. meeting peter! the steak was as magical as legends imply and the broccoli, creamed spinach and onion rings weren't bad either.

7 comments:

Britney said...

Where did you find that ornament? I need one.

Ashley said...

I own that very ornament, along with a different diet coke can...beat that! Also, ye of little pretzel dipping knowledge. After YEARS of training, come to me to learn how to make the perfect ones.

noelle regina said...

why don't you have a picture of that great pillow? :|

how was lugers?

familia Bybaran said...

I need to know about that pillow. Where did you get it? How can I get one?

Unknown said...

the food looks amazing!! AND i am LOVING the diet coke ornament.. that would be my favorite too ;) Looks like a fun festive christmas!

scott and linds said...

oops.. sorry.. that above message is actually from yours truely.. L.C.

RETTJ16 said...

That is a sweet ornament! Rett will be jealous!!