Friday, May 01, 2009

What? I like bacon.


On Fridays Dalton's chef, Jack, provides us with a real breakfast in addition to the usual granola/cereal stuff. This means that every Friday on my way in to work, I cross my fingers and pray for bacon. Today a dear friend heading for the elevator said, "Come on! They have the good stuff."

I wander into the faculty room, grateful for being in the early shift. I'll admit it--fewer colleagues to see me load up on bacon. I'm supposed to at least act healthy, right? The chess instructor and school psychologist are also getting breakfast (a mini muffin maybe?) and I quip, "I'm always so happy when Jack makes bacon."

As I turn around the school psychologist innocently remarks, "Wow you really do like bacon." The only response I can come up with...
"I'm just glad you can't get swine flu from the stuff."

Maybe I should cut back. Not because of the comment...because of the bacon coma I fall into for 2 hours after eating it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It really should be its own food group.

Have you ever eaten at the Original Pancake House? They have pancakes with bacon cooked right in them. They are to die for. Come out and we'll go there. :)

john said...

oh man, I love bacon. I used to work at a hotel and they would cook bacon with brown sugar. I became friends with one of the cooks and he would drop me off a plate in the mornings. It was glorious.
Just yesterday Jeff and I were talking about how we missed you guys. come visit.

Laura said...

When Kenny gets home from his mission you should ask him about his bacon coma...he will never live that one down in our family.

Melissa said...

I love bacon, too! And hey, you mispelled Bradley's name...it's okay, I forgive you.