Sunday, April 05, 2009

A Sunday conversation...

Today Erica and I went to the Harlem chapel to watch the morning session of Conference. Just as the session was coming to an end I had the following conversation with an 8 year old that was sitting with us (as he does every Sunday).

8yr old: You got a sister?
Me: Yes
8yr old: You got a brother?
Me: Yes
...8yr old continued to ask me about cousins, uncles, aunts and any other type of relative he could think of...
8yr old: You got a wife?
Me: Yes, you know that. Erica is sitting next to you.
8yr old: You got a ex-wife?
Me: [trying not to laugh] No.
8yr old: You got a girlfriend?
Me: No, I have a wife. When you have a wife your are not supposed to have a girlfriend.
8yr old: Yes you can.
Me: No you can't.
8yr old: I got one.
Me: What's her name
8yr old: Her name Beyonce.

A few minutes later he was playing with Erica's hair as he says.

"You really should go get your hair done by the Africans."

I hope this 8yr old continues to sit with us.

11 comments:

scott and linds said...

This may the funniest thing I have heard in quite some time! Oh the joys of living in Harlem! i love that! haha- Hilarious! I was thinking of getting my hair done by the Africans too- so erica, when you're ready- I'm with ya girl!!

angelique said...

I will personally pay for Erica to have her hair done by "the Africans" - hi lar i ous

john said...

just like the jazz. solid return to form. nice to have you back.

Unknown said...

So awesome.

Marci + Dan said...

Ha ha! That's great.

coriconnors said...

Good one! I personally would like to see Erica in dreads.(shiver)

Ashley C. said...

i wanna come to your ward and sit with you guys too.

love it.

Tyler and Stacy: said...

What a great neighborhood.

Kysha said...

Who knew church could be so entertaining?

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

That is hysterical! I love Harlem's primary! We miss you guys and the ward so much but are very grateful for blogs so we don't feel too far away!

Oliver & Margy said...

Love this story. Love seeing you guys more. Thanks for letting us hang out so long.