Sunday, November 16, 2008

One 1/2 in Mexico City, The Other in New York City

When friends and family ask if I'm missing Jason, I should say, "How could I not?" Its true. I'm his biggest fan! I love spending time together. He is funnier than most people know, so comforting, and deals with me (almost) perfectly. How could I not miss this guy...

The most difficult part was flying and traveling home from the airport by myself. I'm not used to keeping track of my passport and ticket. It felt weird to be responsible and alert and make sure I got to the right place at the right time--lazy, right? And as I got out of the cab with bags in hand, I realized no one would be offering to lug them up the stairs for me. Sunday night felt odd and it is safe to say that I strongly prefer Jason home but, the truth is, I'm an independent person.

And while I wouldn't say there are perks to his work travel, I have enjoyed covering the bed with clothes which I shove to a corner to sleep...diagonally. I go to bed at 10 and wake up at 5:30 (my preferred sleep schedule). Upon waking I flip on the lights, turn on some tunes and the day has begun without disturbing someone's last 2 hours of beauty rest. Also this week my diet has consisted largely of cheese/crackers, pizza, and corn chowder. I made the soup Tuesday night and consumed it throughout the week. These types of dietary patterns are difficult for Jason--no variation, high calories and little nutrition. I completely understand but sometimes it's just so easy.

But...even though I've enjoyed the crappy diet, a permanent sweat pant wardrobe, and guilt free late nights at work, I am ready for Jason to be home. Friday can't come soon enough.

(post script)--without jason, i still haven't fixed the busted interned & the fact that @ some point i'll have to take out the trash is hanging over me like eeyore's cloud.

3 comments:

Ashley C. said...

you are too cute. i am so happy to have you back in the blog world. what a fun destination wedding,and i am sure a great get away for you and jason.
good luck with the trash!

Oliver & Margy said...

I like this post, and totally agree. It is nice to have all 350 square feet to yourself every now and then... glad to hear he's coming home soon though! And you can always ask Oliver to take out the trash :) He's awesome at it.

Ashley said...

I am loving all these posts but it makes me miss you more. Your posts are so fun and makes me want to crash your next vacation! Glad you will have your hubby home soon cause we do actually know how funny and great he is.